- Brazil finds fossil of crocodil
- Brazil finds fossil of missing
- New species of prehistoric flyi
- New Duck-Billed Dino Discovered
- Crested beach bum dinosaur foun
- Tiny dinosaur fossil is found i
- New dinosaur species found in M
- A 52-million year-old fossil sh
- Smithsonian to open butterfly e
- African dinosaur duo ate like s
- Fearsome Dinosaurs Found in Sah
- Bats could fly before they had
BEIJING (Reuters) - Scientists have found the fossil of a new herbivorous dinosaur species that stood five meters (5.5 yards) high and lived 60 million years ago, the official Xinhua agency reported on Thursday.
The large long-necked sauropod, which was found in Eastern Zhejiang province and has not yet been named, was around 15 meters long, the report quoted a museum curator as saying.
In 1977, a 22-meter-long dinosaur was unearthed in the same province, and last year scientists announced they had identified another fossil found there as a new species.
China makes regular finds of rare fossils, which are sometimes smuggled out of the country to be sold for large sums.
Australia recently handed back to Beijing a 100-million-year-old haul of dinosaur eggs that had been illegally taken abroad.
(Reporting by Emma Graham-Harrison; Editing by Mathew Veedon)